DIY PLASTIC-FREE HAND SOAP
Make your own plastic-free hand soap with only 3 ingredients!
- 300 ml water
- 15 gr Savon de Marseille
- 10 drops of your favorite essential oil (we used lavender)
* optional: 1 tbls Castor oil
* optional: 1 tbls Apricot Kernel Oil
1. Bring the water to boil in a pot. Always put the top on the pot for faster boiling and using less energy!
2. When you wait for the water to boil, grate the soap with a grater.
3. When the water boils, take of the stove and add the grated soap. Stir until the soap is dissolved.
4. Let the mixture coll down for at least 6 hours.
5. Once cooled down you can add the wanted amount of essential oil and you can pour the soap in a reusable soap dispenser. Voila!
Savon de Marseille is a soap bar made out of natural ingredients (if you have the original one!). It's used a lot for natural cleaning products, but mixed with water it's the ideal disinfection for hands too.
The smell is so to say 'natural' too, that is why we like to add some of our favorite essential oil.
For extra care we add sometimes the castor oil and apricot kernel oil. These oils are highly moisturizing and they prevent inflammation and dryness.
With these five ingredient you have the perfection under the natural hand soaps!